Tuesday, October 6, 2015

The Run I Needed

I know I haven't been posting very much lately but things are still at a crazy pace in my life right now and I feel like I am scrambling to get any time to myself at all; let alone time to blog. Rest assured though I am still running. 


I got my 10 miles done on Sunday and was feeling pretty good except for the fact that the top part of my calves felt really tight. I tried some foam rolling yesterday and it seemed to help quite a bit. So I headed out this evening to get my run in with the realization that if my legs hurt I might just end up doing a walk.


Once I started though my legs just seemed to relax. I didn't have any trouble at all finding a groove and staying there was even easier. I don't know if it was the distance that I went on Sunday or if I just really needed the run but it just all clicked together tonight and felt great. I love runs like this because it makes all of the runs that seem difficult to be just the price of admission to these awesome runs.


Don't you just love the awesome runs that feel super easy?