Sunday, September 20, 2015

Early Start Sunday

Not sure why but I have been up since 3am. After puttering around and having my morning coffee I decided at 5am that it was the best time for me to head out for my run. I decided I need a break from treadmill running so out the door I went.


It was a little windy out and it rained just a tad but other than those two minor things I felt great. This morning I just felt easy I plugged my mp3 player into my ears and off I went. I felt light on my feet and was able to complete my goal of 10k today as I am starting to get ready for the Vancouver Rock and Roll Half Marathon at the end of October.


This is the exact type of run that I needed to have when hitting the streets again after a while of only treadmill running. My life had prompted me to treadmill run as Darcy has been seizuring a lot lately and has had about 3 hospital stays in the last 2 months. Along with the infection in his teeth that has gone into his jaw is keeping him attached to an IV cord quite a bit of the time.



He has not been able to run with me so at least he has been keeping me company while I have been running on the treadmill. So happy that I decided to head outdoors to get my run in today and am looking forward to getting more outside running done in the near future.

Did you get a good run in today?