Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The Tricks The Mind Can Play

When I got home for work today I was totally mentally exhausted and was really looking for any excuse not to run. In the end I couldn't find a good enough reason not to do it. So after puttering around for a little bit I laced up and headed out the door.


Once I got out there I felt absolutely great and happy that I didn't talk myself out of going. It wasn't to warm and it actually looks like it wants to rain but didn't which was another plus.

 
I have said time and again that I am not a very fast runner and there are always walk breaks but I decided to switch it up tonight and add about 30 seconds of as fast as I can go running in my slow running and walk breaks. Doing this I had my fastest mile to date which was 13:07. Not very impressive to most I assume but it is progress so I am happy. Plus if I can knock about 8 seconds off of that I will be in the 12 min miles which would really rock.


Have you almost bailed out on running but found you had a great run when you didn't?