Friday, May 29, 2015

Deer Lake Trails Run (T.G.I.F.)

I am really happy that it is finally Friday. I did run on Wednesday this week but when I got home and got dinner in me I was just to wiped out to write about the run. It seemed to me like it was a very long week this week so now that the weekend is here I plan to enjoy it immensely.

So the later part of this week has been pretty warm (almost feels like sweltering) so running on the trails at Deer Lake has been nice as quite a bit of it is shaded. I headed out feeling a little tired but quickly found a nice groove and managed to stay with it. 


Darcy has had a few seizures this week so I know I was starting to feel a bit stressy but the runs this week have helped with that. It is nice to just get lost mentally and not really do any heavy thinking.


I think one of the best things about today other than the weather and the run is those of us that are participating in the Relay For Life through work received our shirts today. Relay For Life for Lifelabs will be taking place on June 13, 2015. I am looking forward to it and am thinking I might use it as my long run for the week. We are raising money so if you would like to donate a few dollar (all will be appreciated) there is a link towards the top of my blog. It is for a good cause. Now to relax and look forward to Sunday's run.


Have you ever participated in a Relay For Life event?