Thursday, April 2, 2015

Thursday Night De-stress Run

This has been a week of stress mounted upon stress. I won't get into it as we don't exactly know what medically is going on with a dear family member (for once it's not D). I may get into it more once we know for sure.

I was completely exhausted already by the time I got home from work today as I only got about 6 hours of sleep. I had the thought that I wouldn't run today but that I would run tomorrow as I have the day off for Good Friday. After eating dinner and sitting around trying not to get even more stressed, I decided that nope I needed to get it done. Not only to get the run in but that maybe it would let me get some of my current stresses off of my mind.



I am very happy to report that it worked. I feel a hundred times lighter mentally and am looking forward to a nice relaxing day tomorrow, maybe even squeezing in waffles with mom. I decided to go for 5k today. I didn't go fast but I did get it done. That is what counts right?


So now to jump into a hot bath and maybe get some crocheting in before heading to bed.

Do you run to help keep your stress at bay?