Thursday, April 30, 2015

Last Run Before Friday

So it's Thursday and on the way home it kept trying to rain. It was dampening my spirit a bit as I was looking forward to my last weekday run that I get to have with Tony. From now on I will only be getting to run with him on Sundays. 


It will be good to still have a running partner on my Sunday runs as it makes the time go by faster and I also find that I can dig a lot deeper and go farther. Even though it is going to suck not having a running partner during the week unless Darcy joins me, the coffee and donuts on Sunday after a run with my buddy will taste even better.


So for all my worrying about it raining by the time we finished dinner and got ready to head out the door the rain stopped. I will take that as a good omen every time. It was one of those runs that just felt nice and easy I wasn't struggling which was awesome. These kinds of runs make it worth running through the bad runs.


After a great run with a great friend I am now going to jump in a hot shower so that I won't be accused to smelling sweaty either in bed or at work tomorrow. Although I don't think I sweated today as much as I normally do or maybe I am just getting better at this running thing.

Did you get a run in today? Did it feel hard or easy?