Sunday, February 22, 2015

Restart Run

This last week has been pretty hard emotionally. I felt like it was time to say good-bye to running and this blog because of how down I felt. However, after a really good couple of cries and setting up something with a counselor to help me cope with things, I feel like I am in a much better place emotionally and mentally.


I spent the rest of the week just trying to make it through Friday. I did alot of thinking in regards to running and to this blog. By Friday night after my most decent day of the week emotionally I felt like I was finally ready to step back into running and blogging. I decided to have my restart begin today. 


So that it exactly what I did this morning. First I researched online some trails in the Surrey area that I might enjoy. I went for the trail idea to give myself something new to look at and also so that if I was out and seeing the beauty of nature that it might make it easier. I ended up deciding to do the Mud Bay Park Trails.


If felt great once I got started. I had originally thought I was only going to do 4 miles but felt so good that by the time I was done I ended up doing 5 miles. Not fast of course but I felt no regret about the pace I was going. I feel like this step back that I took this week may be more beneficial than I thought when I did it. I can actually say that I am looking forward to my week and any runs that I may have during the week.

Have you ever stepped back and did a restart?