Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sunday Morning 6 Miles

Since I am doing the Rock 'N' Roll Half Marathon at the end of the month. I decided that today I would run for 6 miles and next weekend I would go for 12 miles. I did my run this morning doing 1:1's the entire time.


I felt pretty good the entire time and was enjoying the alone time. Physically I was feeling pretty good as well. Then the heart attack came, out of the blue I guess I need to pay a little more attention to where my feet are landing. I almost took an epic fall. I was absolutely sure that I was going to end up in a heap at the side of the road.

Luckily I caught my footing at the last second but holy crap it scared the shit out of me. With my adrenaline pumping furiously I was able to finish the last 2 miles of my run (carefully). I think it caused me to go a bit slower for those last 2 miles ( if you can picture a turtle going even slower haha). 

It's now to relax for the rest of the day and then head over for Canadian Thanksgiving dinner at my parents. Can you say mmmmm turkey.

Have you ever almost fallen when running?