Sunday, September 21, 2014

Wonderful 4 Miles for Sunday

I have never done a virtual race before but when Running With Ollie - Lea sent out on her blog that she was going to hold a virtual 4 mile run & hunt for her birthday. I decided I would go for it. Who knows it might be fun.

So HAPPY BIRTHDAY Lea. Hope that you had an awesome 4 miles yourself.

I headed out with the 4 mile goal in mind and am happy to say that I did survive it. Thankfully the sun was shining and it wasn't too warm out yet. So glad that I did this. 


The hunt part made the run seem to take on a life of it's own. I noticed things that I have seen but not really looked at even some dogs seemed to know what I was out there doing.

This dog decided to follow me for a block or so before his owner found out he was going for a run and called him back. Good thing because I was starting to worry that I would have to double back to get him to go back home. But at the time he thought going for a run was the greatest thing. He would stop in a yard and smell something then come bounding up along side of me. That definitely made me smile.

We were also supposed to look for something unique. I think I found mine as at the end of this cul-da-sac the is this ravine that has trails. I have never been on those trails but I may have to try them out some day. I think it is unique because it is interesting to have a chunk of wilderness in the city that jumps up out of nowhere.

This is my something beautiful I love the view from my front yard out by the street. It's really nice to go out there and see the mountains in the distance. Especially on a sunny clear day.

This is the picture that I tried to take but I really should have just stopped and took a picture of my shoes. Trying to take a picture of your feet while running is just a tad difficult. I guess I should be happy that I even got part of my shoe in the picture of the concrete. This actually made me giggle. Wow, total photo fail.

All in all it was great. I really enjoyed it and look forward to doing something like this again. I know the entries for the giveaways on this is only for people who have a mailing address in the U.S. but it was still great to participate.


Have you ever done a virtual race/ hunt before?