Sunday, September 7, 2014

Beautiful Sunday Morning Run

I have seriously fallen off the wagon this time as the past couple of weeks have been either too hot or a catastrophe has happened that would prevent me from getting out there. This time I am determined to get and stay on the wagon.

You see I had a huge wake up call when I stepped on the scale at the local Superstore (I don't refuse to keep a scale in my house) otherwise I would be weighing myself everyday and making myself crazy but I digress. As I stepped on the scale I think my eyes almost fell out of my head it said I was a 153.5 lbs. I never even weighed that much when I was pregnant almost 15 years ago.

That moment really got me thinking.  I don't want to be overweight and I really need to step it up, start running again and do other exercise on top of that. So I made a commitment to myself to run 3 days a week and go on the elliptical for half an hour on the days that I am not running.


The reason I am saying this publicly is because I want to be made accountable. Accountable to myself as well as anyone who might read this blog. I need to do this not only for myself but for everyone around me so that I will be around longer due to better health. This is I guess you could say my pay it forward to myself.


So day one is complete I did 2 miles this morning and I already feel really good for getting out there and getting it done;

Did you get out for a run this morning? How was it?