Sunday, September 14, 2014

5k Sunday

I took yesterday off as I have decided that Saturday's are going to be my rest days from everything. I did walk quite a bit though considering I had to go grocery shopping so it wasn't a total rest day.  I totally needed the day as Friday was a long but awesome day. Steve Poltz was in town and I was able to get seats to the house concert that he was playing at. Thank you Old Crow House Concerts http://www.oldcrow.net/home/  if you live in the Vancouver area you might want to check them out. 

To make Friday night even better I got to meet Steve Poltz. He is such a nice down to earth guy, very approachable so if you ever get the opportunity I suggest you grab it.


Needless to say he put on an awesome performance and I got a little tipsy with the couple of drinks I had. It was great but Saturday I found that I was quite tired. Fast forward to Sunday morning.

Ok maybe I didn't go running that earlier but it would also depend on how late you slept into this Sunday. It is a beautiful sunny Sunday and I decided before heading out that I was going to do 5k today and I succeeded. It's done. Not fast mind you but faster than anyone who didn't get out of bed or off the couch so I will take comfort in that.

It felt good and fairly easy today I didn't find myself struggling and that was great. I got to see squirrels running around but not many other people were out there except the occasional walker. I finished off by stopping at the corner store to get a bottle of water as I was sweating up a storm. I don't know why but I find that while I run I don't sweat much but the moment I stop, the sweat starts coming in droves.


Did you get out for a Sunday run?