Sunday, July 27, 2014

Time To Get in Gear

To say that my running over the past few weeks has been less than regular would be an understatement. I really need to get in back in gear so that I can build up my mileage so that I will be able to do the half-marathon at the end of October (without dying).

In other words it is time to GET SERIOUS about my running. I am going to do some serious research today as to what half-marathon training plan I am going to do and stick to it. I would love to belong to a running group to help keep me in check but with my sporadic work schedule doing it in person is almost impossible. 

So here is what I intend to do. Find a half-marathon training program and then schedule it in on my calendar and then stick to it. Come what may I need and want to do this so I best be doing it right. My run this morning was full of sunshine and birds chirping. I saw several squirrels running from yard to yard in search of nuts or other yummy's for them to eat and store up for the coming winter months.

 In the end though I felt great and it felt good to have a such good run and be able to think through my plans to get to where I need and want to be in regards to this whole running thing.


Do you make plans for your future runs while you run?