Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Running and Camping

It has been a little while since the last time I ran. I don't know why I think I just needed the break from everything. This last weekend we went camping and I had visions of running while we were camping. I attempted to go for a run while we were out camping but the heat (too freaking hot) made it impossible We had a rough start as Darcy was having an episode when we headed out but he seemed to get it together for the rest of the camping trip.


Our friends Chuck and Lisa came down from Kamloops to camp with us it was great seeing them as we don't get to see them near as often as we would like. Tony came with us as well which was nice well.To spend time socializing and got quite a bit of reading done on my Kobo.  It was a great camping trip except for how hot (found out while we were camping it was 34 degrees out) it was during the day and how bad the mosquito's bit during the evening. Here is a picture of Darcy's back after the first night regardless of the bug spray.

 Katie brought her boyfriend along (we call him furniture cuz he is always around just like furniture) He is a great kid and Katie is really smitten with him. On top of it they make a really good looking couple.



Now that we are home and unpacked I decided to head out for a run because it is not as hot out today only 23 degrees (much more livable) As I haven't done much running over the last few weeks and it is still pretty warm out I decided that I was going to do 1:1's to start off back into running.

I was surprised I ended up not struggling at all. I felt great right from the get go. I am grateful that it seemed so easy as it will make it easier for me to get back out the door again on Friday.  

Now that I am home and sweaty it is time for a cool shower and to enjoy the rest of this sunny day.

Do you enjoy camping?