Sunday, June 29, 2014

It's Back On

It has been a few weeks since I ran. Not due to injury but simply due to the fact the I was exhausted both mentally and physically. D had a really back week or so and even ended up in the hospital for the night. I have been contemplating heading back out to do a bit of running for the last week so when I woke up this morning I decided that today was going to be the day.



So with that I laced up and out I went. I did 2 miles and although it wasn't fast I felt good. I was happy to get back into it. It gave my mind some free time to just be. I didn't have to think about Darcy, Katie, my job or anything else. I just had to think about putting one foot in front of the other. It felt rather freeing for my mind at least.


Based on what the sky looked like when I got home it was I good thing that I went for this run when I did because the dark ugly clouds are rolling in. Looks like it is going to be a wet afternoon. Unless we get lucky and get a thunder and lightening storm (I find storms to be quite relaxing). I guess we will see how the rest of the day goes.Already looking forward to my next run  (even contemplating a streak).