Sunday, May 11, 2014

Sunday Afternoon Run

I was hankering to go run for most of the day but other things kept getting in my way. Finally got out the door late this afternoon.



The plan was to head for Bear Creek Park that has lots of trails so that I could just get out and enjoy the serenity of the outdoors. However, even that was not without aggravation (or maybe it was just my mood) I hit a major roadblock right after I got in the Parks' parking lot. Some stooge was sitting in his truck blocking the lane visiting and chatting with friends. At one point he even got out to start hugging and play wrestling with his friends. After I finally got around the stooge I found a parking spot and headed out for my run. 


Once I actually got to start running it felt really hard. I think it may have been my frustration level playing with my head. Towards the end it didn't feel so hard but it made my resolve that much more. From now on I will be running on Sunday mornings before doing anything else for anybody else. I think I will call them my mommy miles.


Now to relax and enjoy my Sunday evening and a nice hot soak in the tub.

Do you find that running while being frustrated makes it harder?