Sunday, May 25, 2014

Rainy (Downpour) Run

I woke up to rain this morning and waited to see if it would lessen or stop so I could run dry but to no avail as it just kept raining. So after plenty of procrastination (which included sitting around in my running outfit) I laced up and headed out the door. 

I had no real distance decided upon and decided when I headed out the door that I would go until I felt ready to come home. At first I thought it was going to be a struggle because of how I was feeling mentally but once I got moving I actually felt great. It felt easy and I am sure that I could have gone on even longer than I did. 

When i finally did get home I was completely soaked right through my jacket and shirt. So I did what any wife would do. Darcy is over next door at Ray's so I marched my soaked butt over there pounded on the door and called them pussies for hiding indoors and not getting any type of exercise when i had been out there in the pouring rain. They laughed although it may have been at me because I looked like a drown rat.

Now I am at home starting to dry off then going to soak in a nice hot bath and maybe work on my latest afgan that I am making for Tony.

Did you run today? Was it a wet run or a dry run?