Monday, December 23, 2013

First Step

Today I took the first step to getting back on the running wagon. I ran on the treadmill at lunch, only a 1.05 miles doing 2:1's but the first step is the first step right?

treadmill photo: smilie on treadmill 1sm462smiliewheel.gif

I thought that it might be difficult considering I have not run in almost two weeks so I was prepared to give myself plenty of "you can do this" talks. Surprisingly, it was quite easy. I didn't feel like I was sucking wind and my legs didn't tighten up at all.

run quotes photo: Run Forest Run tree.jpg

I felt light and relaxed during my running today which is good because I am completely stressed to the max. With Darcy having a couple of really bad days, work and trying to keep the household running I feel like I am at my wits end. So I am going to let the running help and do what I can to keep my stress levels down before I start to fall apart. Which wouldn't do any of us any good.

stressed photo: STRESSED stressed.gif

In the meantime I think maybe I will focus on the upcoming new year and decide what my goals are going to be for 2014.

Have you thought about your new years resolutions yet? What have you planned so far?