Sunday, September 1, 2013

Mind Block?

Would you think that 30 seconds is such a big deal? I mean hey it's only 30 seconds. At least this is what I was trying to tell my mind this morning on my run.

mental block photo: mental block mentalblock.jpg">

I was for whatever reason fighting myself to get out the door this morning. Procrastination was working it's wonders. Eventually my mind won over my body so I got dressed and headed out the door. This week I my goal was to hit 3 min running and 1 min walking 6 times.

Again, it's only 30 seconds (or so I told myself)

hitting the wall photo: Good luck not hitting the wall and shitting your pants in public enc_61.jpg">

I don't know if it because the last couple of times I got to running 3 minutes only to find out I pushed to hard and got injured. But mentally today I felt great until I hit the 2 min mark and I was lucky to hit 2 min and 30 sec running before I felt like I was going to die.

don't give up photo: Don't give up piratesdontcare.jpg">

I am proud to say that I didn't give up, I ended up walking a little more than planned but on my last 3 minutes running and 1 min walking I did it. I succeed at finally getting 3 min continuous running in. On that high note I ended my running this morning. Maybe walking away with the success regardless of how little will have a positive impact on the rest of this weeks running.

don't give up photo: don't give up lifestough.png

When was the last time you had a mind block? How did you get over it?