Friday, July 12, 2013

Friday's Run

I managed to get my butt out there and do my run today. I was really sluggish this morning and was humming and hawing about it for a little while, but I dug my heals in, got dressed and headed out the door.

running quotes photo: Running to Love life-love-quotes-23.jpg">

While I was doing my warm up walk I still felt sluggish but once I got running, I felt great. I am still doing 1 min running and 2 min walking because I don't want to overdo it and end up with shin pain again.

pain quotes photo: pain pain.gif">

After I ended up doing it 8 times and still felt like I could go a few more times when I was only supposed to do it 7 times, I think I am over this little hurdle and will go on to do 1 min running and 1 min walking this Sunday. It seems that since I have done nothing but focus on form the pain has gone away. I've also noticed that I am going a little faster also which is kind of cool.

I am feeling a little more confident about running for longer since I also have a back up plan. If I start to feel shin pain again I will either give K-tape a try or try some compression socks. Anything so that I can keep going and hit my goal of doing a 10k before the year is out.

Did you get a run or walk in today?