Sunday, June 23, 2013

Contentment?

I have been thinking a lot over the past few days about contentment. Why is it that we always need to be striving for better or more? Why is it that we as people don't sit back at all and be content with where we are or what we are doing?

contentment photo: Contentment contentment.gif">

I think that it is ingrained into us to get more, want more, attain more. The feeling of never quite having enough or being enough takes a lot out of you. I have accomplished a lot in the past few years but have never really taken the time to bask in what I have accomplished, instead I have just kept aiming for more.

unsatisfied photo:  ybs-21.gif">

So, seeing that I need to take time to just revel in things. I am not going to be hugely pushing like I have to get into the hospitals. I will leave it for fate. It doesn't mean that I won't still apply for positions, just I won't spend my time worrying about whether or not I get a position.

The one thing that I will keep pushing though is my running. It seems to be doing me a world of good. Not only do I feel better about myself but I feel better in general plus I am starting to lose a little bit of weight.

question mark photo: Question Mark question-mark.jpg">

So until next time. Ask yourself are you content with where you are in life or do you feel the need to keep pushing yourself (either career-wise or personally)?