Saturday, June 1, 2013

Brake Or Break

I have been off the map this week because I decided I needed to let my shins heal from the torture I was putting them through. Last Sunday's run was the realization point. My shins were absolutely killing me.



Not to mention that I was heading into a very physical week at work. My shifts this week were all on my feet so by the time I got home every day my body was done. Never mind running or exercising I just wanted to get off of my feet.



Today I will do a half hour on the elliptical and tomorrow will hit the track again. After much thought about what caused me to get shin pain, I think I might have figured it out. I was purposefully trying to go slow instead of just letting my body does what it does when it comes to running. So this time out I am just going to run however fast my body decides and focus on breathing and cross my fingers that this will solve the shin problems once and for all.

Have you ever tried to force yourself to run slower? What was the outcome?