Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Taking Time To Breath

It has been a very busy couple of weeks. The busiest however was the trip to Toronto for work. It was a very interesting and good couple of days. However, that all changed when I got home.

Sunday night got to see me sitting in the hospital with Darcy until about 3am. He has been diagnosed with epididmytis. An inflammation in the semen vesicles going into the testicle. He was in so much pain that he actually passed out 2 times in emergency and ended up in acute care with IV's, oxygen, and being on a heart rate monitor. It was pretty freaky and hopefully I don't have to deal with that again anytime soon.

We were back at the hospital today to deal with the pain and for him to have an ultrasound to verify what the problem was. So now that the pain is being dealt with and a proper diagnosis of this latest senario plays out, we get to sit and wait now to see the internist as to what is going on with him that is causing all of the other problems.It has been so much just one thing after another that I am starting to wonder if what is going on with him is systemic somehow.

Hopefully things will be calming down for a while at least so I can get my bearings back and figure out what my next steps personally for growth should be.