Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Good First Run

I have been humming and hawing about starting to run again for quite a while. When I woke up this morning it was abslutely gorgeous outside and it being Katie's first day of summer, I devided that today was the day. How convienient that it is also dog walking day. Plus I needed an excuse to christen my new running watch. It looks like the one below but mine is purple. So Katie, I and the two dogs set off to start training. We started off really slow but the more 1 minutes we ran the faster our feet took us. It felt really great and my shins didn't cramp up at all which is a great sign. We did 2 min walking followed by 1 minute running and we did this 8 times. I like to follow the same training that I received when I used to go to the Running Room. I would like to go back but unfortunately with my working nights and being a casual I never can get in for the actual run times there. Anyhow it is now time for me to go and have a shower to get less sweaty, get dinner started and get ready for another fun filled night at work. Happy running everyone!!