Friday, May 11, 2012

Sponsoring A Child

I am very happy to say that I have been sponsoring a child through World Vision since last August. It makes me feel really good to know tha I am contributing something towards the betterment of another person and their village. My little child's name is Moni she is in grade 2 and from the letters that I have received from her she is very thankful because she can work on her studies and the village has a tube-well for water. Throughout the year I receive little things of sticker and activities that I can send to her to acknowledge important dates. The latest I received to send to her was about Canadian sports so that it will help her learn about our culture and the types of sports that we have and participate in Canada. To sponsor a child through World Vision costs approx $35 a month. I know it does not seem like much but to a child in a thrid world country it can definately make a huge difference. Knowing that I am making any difference to someone less fortunate leaves me with a warm feeling in my heart. Have you or do you sponsor a child? And if so how do you view your experience?