Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Fiscal Fitness

Do you ever sitback and wonder whether you are fiscally fit? It has been on my mind lately as since I went to school and am now making more money working casual than I did when I was working full time. I find that all of the budgeting I did while in school I still hold near and dear to my heart. When I grocery shop I am continually setting myself a budget of not much more than I had during my college time. I have seen this same type of senario play out in other areas of my life as well. Even though I am making quite a bit more I find that I am still very thoughtful when it comes to spending money on things such as clothing. I still can't bring myself to go into the mall and spend some money in real stores for clothes instead when I think of buying new clothes like when when they are getting desparately needed I still think second-hand. To me the prices seem more reasonable whereas when I see some of the prices in the department stores or the like I think to myself "For that price will it do the laundry and cook?" I think learning to be frugal is great but the nagging thought is "Am I taking it to far?" I try to save whenever and where-ever I can shopping at particular stores and yes sometimes even switching to save that mighty dollar but only if the store is within a very resonable distance from where I currently am as I don;t see any point in travelling for 20 minutes just to save a dollar because I would have spent that in gas and time. What are you thoughts on being frugal? Do you have any great being frugal tips?