Thursday, March 8, 2012

Did You Watch It?

With all of the videos gone viral these days sometimes you watch one that just seems to catch you off guard. This morning I took a look at the Stop Kony 2012 video and all I can say is wow. Normally we all sit back and the only concerns we have is withit our own backyard or neighbourhood. We all here and try to help the food banks, soup kitchens, and child poverty meanwhile thousand of children in Africa fear being taken from their homes and forced to fight a fight that is not theirs. While I agree that helping those less fortunate within our own communities or homeland is important these people and children are not as at a great risk as those huddled in masses of other children away from their homes, families and support of friends all in aid of staying safe.
I find it terribly disturbing that these children live in that kind of fear or that they may witness this type of injustice to humanity. Before this video had gone viral I had not heard or known about this goings on and I can definately say that my attention was caught and I will be signing up to join the pledge to STOP Kony 2012.

What are your thoughts on this campaign and have you watched the video?