Saturday, February 25, 2012

Getting Things Done

Have you ever had one of those days where you just seem to easily get things done? Regardless of how tired you uninterested you may be.

I had one of those days today. I have been trying to avoid my kitchen which constantly looks like a bomb went off (especially whe you have one or more teenagers going through your house), my kitchen has been functional but not as clean as I normally like it and same goes with the bathroom. Well, I got the kitchen clean and the bathroom smelling like nothing but cleaner which is nice cause after your toilet has been plugged the bathroom doesn't always smell the greatest. I am tired but my drive to get the laundry finished has taken over and I will probably be awake until it is now complete.

Unfortunately, that is a side effect of having one of those types of days. Once you start it is really hard to stop. Tomorrow I plan on getting the rest of the house in order including sweeping and mopping the house. I always have to sweep before I mop or all I end up with is several small piles of wet dog hair. Now keep in mind that Tia is not a particularly fluffy dog and based on the amount of hair she looses I am convinced that she should be bald by now and speaking of which same goes for the cats. Doing the floors once I start generally takes quite a while considering every time I think I am done sweeping Ifind yet another stash of dog or cat hair floating accross the floor.

On a lighter note I am within 100 pages of being done "The Book Of Even More Awesome" I am finding it difficult to put down as with each section I read sends my mind into memories of my own that make me smile. Next on the read list is "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch. It is definately a read that I am looking forward to as I have seen the lecture he gave at Carnegie Mellon and it inspires me each and every time I see it. I am sure the book will be just as good or even better. Has anyone out there read the book and if so am I right in my assumption that it should be good read?