Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Feeling Of Safety

Well it is now Tuesday and unfortunately I am still sick. I hope that I start feeling better really soon as it is putting a damper on things that I would like to do.

On the other hand my feeling of safety including that of my family feels a little less secure. About 2 blocks from my house on Sunday night someone was shot and killed, the police were saying that it is not gang related and that makes the feeling of being safe a little less real. It happened at a house that Katie and me walk past every time we walk the dogs. I would like to say that maybe we should move but unless we were moving to another planet the ris of someone being murdered in your neighbourhood exists. The police are saying at this point that there are no suspects and here I am sitting here hoping that they catch the person and that the person that was murdered was the target so then I could stop worrying about maybe another shooting soon in the neighbourhood. It wouldn't fix things and I am sorry for the persons family but at the same time I would like it if I didn't have to worry about my family being accidentally hurt from being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Have you ever had a murder in your neighbourhood?