Saturday, January 28, 2012

Right Place

I came to a very stark realization last night while on shift that I am really in the right place for me right now. Either that or I have problems because I enjoy my job just a little to much. Nevermind the fact that for 3 hours a night I am there completely by myself but I keep pushing myself for better and am consistently hitting the goals that I have set for myself in my job. Where I am working there is not a specific goal like the other call centers in which I have worked so I tend to create my own which help push me to do better.
This is the first time in my life that I feel that this is the right position for right now and that I have totally choosen the right career path for myself. At the same time is makes me realize that I will be able to handle some of the situations that may occur when I get to my final destination "RN". It is still a long time off but every night that I work helps reinforce the feeling that it is where I want to end up and that the decision is a correct one.

I woke up this morning to find snow falling on the ground it's funny because the weather channel said it was light rain. I sat there thinking to myself "Yep, it is so light that it is white and fluffy" I think that being a weather man is the one job that you can have where you are wrong 80-90% of the time and you don't get fired. I wish I could be a weather person just for that fact. Just Kidding. I have no desire to be a weather person. Other than that today was spend napping and just relaxing doing some crocheting, and reading. The book I am reading right now on my Kobo is Eat, Pray, Love and I am about 40% through it and the book is awesome it goes into more detail of her life than the movie and some things from the movie are explained in better detail.

When was the last time you realized what your career goals are?