Thursday, October 27, 2011

Women Vs. Men

Something that has made me stop and think over the last couple of days is how much women do in compared to men.

If you think about women deal with the kids, as well women are usually the ones who keep the house clean and do the majority of the cooking. Men go to work or so it seems.

I don't mean to complain but I asked Darcy to take the recycle box out on his way out the door this morning and somehow he forgot and didn't do it. I don;t ask him to do much in regards to the house. I don't ask him to do the laundry, cook, or clean and yet he can't manage to take out the recycle box REALLY? It wasn't as if I was even asking him to make an extra trip outside to do it as he leaves the house in the morning to go to work and yet he can't manage to take the recycle box out. I know I have been asking him to do a little bit more these days with me working nights like walking dogs with Katie on Wednesday nights but come on. I wonder what would happen if I just quit trying to do everything. The house would look like a bomb went off and we would all starve.

So my major question I have is this "Why do women feel like they have do so much more in a household than most men and we still have to work as well?"

Now don't get me wrong I do know that there are men out there who share the household work and do their fair share. Unfortunately I am just not married to one of those types of men.

Are you married to a sharer or do you get to play superwoman all the time?