Sunday, October 30, 2011

My Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday. Yep, another year younger. It was one of the best ones yet. First Katie decided to make me a birthday breakfast and altough the thought was there she did go a little overboard. She made me a waffle birthday cake. Four wonderful waffles held together by icing, topped with sprinkles, food coloring and syrup. I did try to eat this beautiful looking mini-cake but after only a few bites I could eat anymore because even though I am not a diabetic with all that sugar I felt like I may go into a diabetic coma. Katie tried a bite to try to prove me wrong but quickly agreed with me. I loved it though because it was something that she had put her time and energy into to make by mirthday special.
Then it was onto the birthday shopping. Every year my grandparents send my mother money and she puts some money aside to take me shopping so that I don't spend the money on bills or kids/husband. So off to the mall we trekked I did manage to buy quite a few nice pieces of clothing including 2 pairs of jeans that actually fit. YAY.
In the evening my parents took Darcy and I to Hon's in New West for my birthday dinner. Katie didn't want to come because she was going to a Halloween party at a friends house and I did miss having her there. Dinner was fantastic as it usually is at Hon's. Darcy then surprised me by taking me downtown to the Railway Club to see a friends band play. It was a good time even though there were about two things I would have changed about the whole evening I really enjoyed the evening. After that it was off to pick Katie up from her party at about midnight then I managed to get a few blissful hours of sleep.
Now it is back to the real world. I have already cleaned the kitchen. Now to work on the rest of the house to get ready for the week to come.

How did you spend your Saturday?