Friday, September 9, 2011

What It Means To Be A Parent

Soemtimes I sit back and wonder to myself what did I do with all of my available time, money, and energy before I was a parent.

I am sure that I am not the only parent who has thought this at one time or another. Not that I don't love the kids and wouldn't change my situation in life for anything but WOW.

Everytime time I turn around it is "I need" money for this, that, or the other thing. On top of that when you are a parent you think you own things but you are just temporarily using them because if at some point your child needs or wants something you will hand it over without a seconds hesitation. Of course there may be times where you feel jipped or ripped off because it was something that you enjoy or like but it is for your child so you suck it up and move on.

I don't mean to complain today just Katie accidentally broke her keyboard on her netbook so until we can get her a USB keyboard she has been using my netbook. Now I don't mind that she was just going to use it for a couple of days but it looks like this won't be fixed for at least a few more days and it has already been a week. So for the last week I have had to use the computer in the living room everytime I wanted to be on the computer and it is so backed up with other peoples stuff in it that I have literally seen snails that move faster and I am finding myself getting just a tad bit frustrated.

That is one of the small costs of parenthood in which there are so many more rewards to parenthood.

What are the costs that you see in parenthood?