Sunday, September 4, 2011

This Is It!!!

Today is the day. I am officially quitting smoking. Let the crazyiness begin. I feel like I am ready for this because it has been a long time in the works. I am not going into this blind either (in case that is what you are thinking). I know that over the next few days to weeks I am probably going to be crabby, on edge, and going through cravings that will try to drive me back to this nasty habit.
When it comes to those times I plan on letting the cravings run their course. I know that in the long run I will be better off for doing this. I will be healthier, have more money, and not stink like nasty cigarettes anymore.
I will apologize in advance if my posts over the next couple of weeks don't seem like happy ones as I am trying to work through my cravings and feelings that go along with it. But I do know that in a couple of months to a year from now I will be able to look back at these posts and feel a sense of pride and accomplishment. Maybe I will be looking back on these posts as I sit on a beach somewhere because with money not spent buying smokes I will actually be able to afford going away on a holiday.
In the meantime I will keep my fingers busy by doing lots of crocheting and keeping the house really clean and taking Tia for lots of walks and runs, I think with all the crazy hours I get at work will help keep me occupied as well.

Do you have any suggestions on simple free ways to quit smoking? If you do I would love to hear them.