Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Some Serious Ponderings

I went for jury selection yesterday and sat there for a long time only for them not to get call my number before they had selected the jury that they wanted for the trial. Now I am sentenced to return for another jury selection on Nov 22. What a waste it feels like. I know it is my civic duty and all but could they not arrange for people to not have to waste so much time in the process like I don't know maybe email you a questionaire to fill out to decide if you should even bother to show up. Maybe it is just me but to call over 100 people to selection for just one jury is ridiculous.

On top of all that we have seriously reached teenagehood in our household. I have seen text messages that say "my mom is embarrassing and annoying" I knew this day would come where she thought that as all teenagers do. I just wish she would not have put it in text. I would prefer her to think it not make it a reality but oh well what can you do. I am sure that by the time she is a grown up she won't feel that way anymore as I know how I felt about my parents when I was a teenager. I don't think there is a teenager alive save for the ones on 19 Kids & Counting that don't feel that way about their parents at one time or another.

As for everything else I just keep plugging away trying to get to where I want and need to be in my life both emotionally, physically and financially. One day soon I may get there but I still have a ways to go yet. Maybe a long walk or run tomorrow is in order to really get my creative juices a flowing.

One the bright side though it looks as if I will be done my latest afghan by the end of the week. Then I just need to decide on a pattern and colors for the next afghan only a couple more to go.