Friday, August 26, 2011

Money And The Little Things

So with an actual evening off and at home alone I have been keeping myself really busy. First I cleaned the bathroom and swept the house and cleaned the kitchen. Got what I think is almost all of the pop bottles gathered and in bags to take to the depot tomorrow (keeping fingers crossed on that one considering whenever I think I found them all I usually turn around and find another stash of them).

While doing all of this I was also thinking about ways to save money and get us out of debt (still on the fence about the consumer proposal thing) also on my mind is ways to get even healthier so that I can lose that last 10 pounds that just does not seem to want to go away. So these are a few options in which I will be exploring over the next couple of days.

1) Drink way less pop. By that I mean going down to maybe 1 or 2 cans per day instead of my usual 1 litre and replacing that with drinking water with a little lemon in it. Hopefully I can do this without getting caffeine withdrawl headaches (maybe I will sneak in a cup or two of coffee to help fend that off).

2) Quit smoking. I know it seems like I always come back to that but it is something that just keeps hanging over my head. I am actually to the point of resenting buying smokes and the way I feel and smell after a smoke. In case things get really hairy I do have a secret stash of nicotine patches in the draw in the kitchen (left over from other failed attempts).

3) Create a budget and stick to it. Maybe with going to the store less and not buying smokes I'll be able to avoid the small impulse buys that take more and more of the money especially when you add it up. Therefore being able to live in more relative comfort.

What have you done to makes positive changes in your life and how did you accomplish it?