Thursday, August 18, 2011

And The Verdict Is...

So my pictures were explained to me yesterday. I do have a cyst on my right ovary which I had already figured out (pretty much the only thing I did out of my pictures). I also have several adhesions on the left side of my abdominal cavity which the doctor wants to remove. As for what the doctor thinks is my problem is, he told me he suspects that I am suffering from adenomyopathy and the only way to properly diagnose that is for a biopsy on my uterus.
So the final verdict is that I am going to have a hysterectomy. While people who are close to me seem to be worried, I am not. This is something that I am actually looking forward to as I have said in my previous post. My only concern was what my employer was going to say.

I am seriously impressed though as my manager stated that it was okay and I was not gong to be penalized or fired for going and having this surgery. I realize that I am casual and don't have the company benefits but my employer told me she would give me a record of employment for sick leave so that I could file for EI benefits while on leave for six weeks after my surgery and that my spot at work will be held until I come back. That was very comforting to hear.

Looks like I may actually have the day off today and have several things planned to do including hopefully finishing of my grandparents afghan and maybe even going for a quick run...