Wednesday, April 20, 2011

It's Sushi Day

My plan today is to go grocery shopping this mornng so that we have food in the house for the next week. But I am really excited as I am meeting a few girls from school and I am going to try eating sushi for the very first time.
I know it may sound odd but I have never tried sushi before. I have thought about it from time to time but have never executed doing it. I have to be smart about this as my daughter is allergic to some seafood and my husband thinks it is gross (which is funny since he will eat escargot) but that's beside the point.
So last week I mentioned to one of my school friends that I never ate sushi and she gladly said she would go with me for my first try. If it tastes as good as some sushi looks, I think this experiment will go well.
Any suggestions as to what a first time eater of sushi should try?